Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Sunset Hike

We had made it to the trail just as the sun was peaking over the horizon. Slowly slipping behind the ocean as if he was trying to get one last look at the world he spent the last 10 hours looking over. As we walked down the trail and as I conversed with my friend I was repeatedly drawn to the sunset. And after snapping numerous pictures of it, I couldn't help but constantly change my gaze from the trail that was in front of me to the colorful painting in the sky. I couldn't help wondering where these colors came from, what determined their design. And without the urge to really understand why I just gazed in admiration. And even as darkness began to blanket the trees and the ground around us, their was still a layer of pink in the sky that seemed to not want to let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts