Thursday, December 19, 2013

Life Lesson: Pushin and Fallin:

I am into Pole Fitness, frankly because it's a way for me to build strength with out going to the gym. Of course there are strengthening exercises I can do at home but I'm not always committed to them. I like creating movement and art and I guess that how I came to pole. My life is always teaching me things, and last night pole taught me something. I learned this move that I really didn't think I could do, and after a few horrible attempts I had two thoughts in my head. One , "let me just come back to this another time." The other, " wouldn't it be really cool if I actually got it?" I went with the second thought and continued on trying the move. With this move I literally start with one leg wrapped around the pole, one leg on the ground and my body hanging side ways off the pole almost parallel to the floor. To execute this move I literally have to let myself just fall. I have to trust my body, trust the strength in my arms and legs and just go for it. When I did all this I was able to complete the move. Lesson: Self doubt is inevitable but it can be overcome by the simple if thoughts of what if, and maybe i can. Put in your head the possibility of something happening vs. the impossibility. And just go for it. If you fall you fall, you'll get back up, bruised and beat but stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts