Sunday, December 11, 2011

Try Something New Sundays: Herbalife Fit Club

After three attempts, and much persuasion one of my friends was finally able to get me to go to Herablife's fit club, held every Sunday at Santa Monica Beach. Why was I so hesitate to go? because ti was at 8 in the morning and Sunday's are really my only day to sleep in. But I figured, give up one Sunday to be lazy wouldn't be so bad, and it could be a good thing.
I didn’t know too much about what I was going to get myself into, I new that I would be doing some type of intense work out but that I could go at my own pace. What I didn’t know was that I was in for a little more then that.
When I first arrived at the beach, I could see a huge group of people on the beach. The sun was shining, the weather was warm, not a cloud in the sky. I thought to myself this must be a good sign.
When I reached the large group of people, I was greeted by Herbalife team members. Almost everyone was smiling, and after a few introductions I signed a wavier and waited for the fun to start. As I waited I was able to catch the end of a dodge ball game happening on the sand. It was interesting seeing adults play. My fondest memories of the game were from elementary school, so as I watched the game it was if I was watching the grown up version of my elementary peers.
After the game was over, everyone gathered together and listened to one of the Herbalife representatives talk about what was going to happen. She explained that we would start the work out with a run around the two lifeguard stands, and then once we hear a bell we would start out at one of the stations or obstacle courses. We would get one minutes at each station, then once we heard a bell ring we would have 30 seconds to move to the next station.
Let me tell you, I never knew what boot camp felt like until now. And that exercise is twice as hard done in the sand. At each center I did a combination of different workouts that included, push-ups sit ups, squats, bear crawls, climbers, leg lifts and more. And as my body was about to give up, I could hear the loud voices from the trainers saying, " don't give up, you can do it." " There are mad people right now sleeping" " don't cheat yourself." A mixture of both encouragement and threats.
Every station I went to was equally intense. It helped to be in a group environment so I know i wasn't struggling alone. I felt somewhat motivated when I cam to a station and saw a 51 year old women doing more push ups then me.
The workout continued for about an hour. After the work out we all were invited to try some of the Herbalife products which included the smoothies and green tea. Two products that I learned are very necessary to give your the body the nutrients it needed after a work out. Also these same products have been known to help give it's consumers an amazing body.
Since it was my first time I was able to try the products for free.
The smoothie was delicious and the green tea was soothing. As I finished up my drinks, I was invited into a meeting room where I learned more about Herablife products.
The energy in the room was great. We had guest speakers who talked about the scientific and technical side of herbalife products and what it does for our bodies. Towards the end of the meeting I heard many success stories of how Herbalife has improved normal to extreme health issues. Stories of weight loss and muscle gain. One of the most inspiring was the story of a 51 old women who started off struggle with the works out and barely keeping up. But she stuck with, used the products, and frankly she might be in better shape then me.
Overall the experience was great, and it's nice to know that this opportunity for better health is there for me. But will I will try it again. Maybe! I'm thinking it might be my new years resolutions.

1 comment:

Popular Posts