Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Day in the Life: Small steps big changes

So you may be wondering why I photographed four bottles of beer, an empty jelly jar on top of a bag. Well, I used the reusable bag to carry the beer in after I bought them. No I'm not an alcoholic, but I do appreciate good beer. And am reusing the jar instead of using a plastic sandwich bag. I'm starting to make small changes in my life to go green. After speaking with a very passionate marine biologist, Danni Washington and over hearing several green conversations from my co workers I've decided to make some changes in my life. In an effort to save the beautiful creatures of our ocean, and save the earth in general, I am desperately trying to reduce the number of plastic bags I use and reuse my glass jars. After listening to Washington speak I can't help but think that their is a completely different world under the sea, and besides that the ocean vital role in our life. Thinking that somewhere down the line we could destroy a beautiful place. I can't imagine life without the beauty and life of the ocean. I remember when I was little I went snorkeling in Mexico, and I remember being amazed, excited, nervous but intrigued by what I saw. I haven't been snorkeling since and whether I ever go again I always want to the chance to be able to. I am only one person who is probably making the smallest inkling of change, but at least I know no ocean animal will die as result of my laziness and maybe I can inspire others to do the same. What is your small step? Ps. Danni Washington and all the amazing things she has done and is currently doing : http://danniwashington.com/about-me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts