Saturday, October 12, 2013

Try Something New Sundays: Source Cafe

The blog series is back.For those of you who have read my other "Try Something New" posts, I have decided to get back to them. Although I don't know if they will be every Sunday but I will strive for that. With Southern California's Summer in October bringing us 90 degree weather I was in search for a cafe close to the beach and that's when I found The Source Cafe. I am sort of a cafe junkie, so when I walk into a cafe I have to feel welcomed by the atmosphere and the decor. The place was small but still roomy. They have a patio area with outdoor tables and chairs. When you first walk in you'll see multiple places for sitting including a long wooden table and against the wall there are pillows and seats next to chairs and tables. The prices were a little bit higher than most of the cafe's I've been to but, you are paying for quality food, healthy food, and uniqueness. This is definitely the place for anyone that is vegan, vegetarian, health conscious, and gluten free. I purchased a juice called the Revival which contains red apple, fennel, ginger( which I opt out of) and lemon. It had a very strong taste of fennel, which was a new flavor my taste buds had to become accustomed to. This drink cost $9, which is the price range of most of their juices. I also purchased a Smoked Trout Toast which is served on toasted baguettes and came with tomato and vegan garlic ailoi. Very tasty but very salty. This place was definitely a new experience for my taste buds but at least I was consuming nutrition along with an array of different flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts