Sunday, September 22, 2013

Twins

This past week felt like my life was one gigantic F5 tornado. Work was a challenge. For the first time ever we welcomed twins into our program and I am their primary teacher. Which means I do all the communication to the parents and I am the one that makes the connection with the children so they feel safe in their new school. Now let me tell you transitioning one family is hard enough. Not only do you have connect with the child on an emotional level, but you haven to connect with the parents on an emotional, and intellectual level as well. You have to build trust with both the parents and the children. So transitioning two children at the same time I literally wanted to split myself in half. It was a rough week that got tougher as the days passed. But somehow and the end everything worked out. I think we all need to remember that that usually happens at the end. And it would have been nice if I could have just came home and relaxed but I started this new things where I bring work home. Mentally that is, I promise I'm not kidnapping children. So with work dwelling on my mind, and the emotional baggage I was dealing with from the weekend, and trying to balance my life outside of work, I'm surprised I didn't pick of smoking. But I'm a firm believer that life is tough because it wants to teach you something. Because let's face it, most of us learn best when we learn the hard way. So what I learned from this hard week is that I need to trust myself more, even when I'm wrong and make mistakes, trust that I'll get it right the next time. Also that every moment, whether it's uncomfortable, joyous, challenging or anything else you can always learn something from it. There were many instances that after a particular moment all I wanted to do was complain. And I did for a little bit, but I would as myself, what can I take from this? What is the lesson to be learned here? Well here is to a better week, because life you have taught me a enough for one week. Let's see if I can put these lessons into practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts