Monday, March 19, 2012

Day in the life...

Crap... is the word I would use to describe today...
but here is a little history before I get into the gruesome details
So I started a new job, as a preschool teacher at a pretty well known school about three months ago.

I'm still adjusting

And although my experiences have often been challenging, they have helped me grow as a teacher and a as person.
Today however, was the one day where my positive attitude did not help.

Planning ahead is a skill that is needed for my job. There was one particular area of the day where I had thought about and planned ahead of time how to handle the situation. Communicated my idea to my co workers and hoped that everything went smoothly.

It didn't

Plan was implemented and the execution failed. Not only did it fail but this failure was discussed in a meeting. No one was pointing fingers and again this was constructive criticism, but dammit I really wanted a pat on the back. Not a "what happened?", and "lets try it this way"
On my drive I home, i turned off my cell phone, turned up my music and reflected back.

i remembered that everyone has their mountains to climb, and that i am not the only one struggling to find their way
But what really got me think was the fact that i am not comfortable with making mistakes. Or should i say repeated mistakes.
I need to realize that I'm going to make 100 more mistakes before i get one thing right, and after i get that one thing, i'll probably make 200 more mistakes before getting two things right.

thus is life... and if the shirt doesn't fit... find a new way to wear it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts