Thursday, October 20, 2011

redondo beach taste of the pier

Redondo Beach's 2nd Annual Taste of the Pier was a relaxing, fun, easy and tasty way to enjoy good food , good music and support a good cause. Two weekends ago my family and I enjoyed sampling foods, while we walked around the pier. The day started by buying a stack of tickets, 12 for $10, and a portion of the sales went to Cancer Foundation and Redondo Beach Education Foundation.

One of the first things i tried was the salmon chowder which was thick creamy and flavorful, though not as tasty as the claim chowder but that's just my personal bias. I got to enjoy this meal while sitting at the bar at Old Tony's. After our first stop we set back onto the pier and kept out eyes open for signs in windows displaying a ticket number and meal options.
For participating restaurants and shops, they displayed a sign in their window showing the number of tickets for a certain meal or item. For instance, my salmon chowder was three tickets. The grilled shrimp and garlic bread, which happen to be one of my favorite dishes at the Redondo Beach Crab House was four tickets.
With a variety of food choices, music and even activites for children it is a great family event. My appetize was defintely satisfied, for only $10 i pratically had a full meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts