Monday, August 30, 2010

last weekend of summer

This past weekend was my last weekend of summer. And i had a lot of fun, saw a lot of very sexy and talented half naked women, and spent my weekend with some of the best people i know.

Friday: I learned that rolling solo isn't a bad thing. I had plans to go to a burlesque show staring the The Sassy Minxx, who my boss and friend are apart of. And after my friends canceled and I could find no one else to go with me, i decided to put on my dress, and my heels and drive over to the Upper Manhattan Lounge, solo. The first perk of the night was driving into the parking lot where the guy told me that parking was $10 and he only charged me five. Then after walking up and down hills in my 4 inch heals, i finally made it the lounge, where i met the bouncer, who coincidentally also lives in the very small town of Lomita. A few minutes after our meeting, and after i had entered the bar, he bought me first drink... which was sex on the beach. Which was my only drink.. sry guys, still not a big drinker. but besides a horrible margarita pizza, I got a watch an amazing, funny, sexy and alluring show. I love watching performances because it always amazes me how different performers captivate the audience. and the show did make me want to try out some sexy moves myself. And after the show, the stage became a dance floor and I hoped on stage and let the music move through me, while I danced along side some other really great dancers. One of the great things about dance is you can open up and release a different side of yourself.
After the show my solo adventure continued when I met up with my guys at a random kickback. And while i was there, it felt great to hang out with my guys and meet new people but it also felt great to kind of stand on my own. I met new people, talked about myself with these new people, and i rarely talk about myself,
came home at 4am only on a count of work the next day at 9am, but had a great night.


saturday: I went to a party at a sex shop/ dance studio. totally out of my realm, only knew like about three people at the party. but i like stepping out of my cultural norm and being an observer of what is different from my typical life. Admiring these people for being who they are, and embracing and defining their own life style. And i also got to see some great pole dancing. yes i am in to pole dancing, and i've come to appreciate it as a art form, but more on that later.

sunday: Sunday was a weird day where i felt like i was running around everywhere but didn't get anything done. but I did get to hang out with an old friend, and made it to the Beat jerkeez bonfire. My dance team is like a puzzle. Sometimes the pieces get scattered because everyone is off doing their own thing. but once the pieces come together. everything just fits so naturally and beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts