Wednesday, April 21, 2010

just go


first things first, i feel like i'm 6 years old again, with my feet at the edge, starring into my shimmering reflection in the pool, as i'm about to jump in to see if i can really swim
i'm on the verge of changing jobs, going from a job that i use to love, that i've devoted almost two years of my life to. and starting in a completely new place. i think i'm more scared about leaving the place i've known. eventhough i have valid reasons for leaving, i still feel like i'm letting people down. but i can't worry about that too much. i'm 20 years old with way to much going on to be working in a place i'm unhappy with. and in this economy if somewhere is eager to have me then i'm very lucky.

i was talking this over with my mom last night and i'm so thankful to have a supportive parent. and her advice and past experience helped shine a light on the path that i'm about to take
she told me that she doesn't want me to stuck. because that is what happened to her, she played it safe, stayed in the district she was familiar with, and she said that it eventually held her back. and although she has done great things in her work right now, she often has to sit back and watch the people whose lips are glued to someone else's ass, or the people who can't think for themselves get promoted. and my mom definitely deserves to be promoted.

so i guess with me, i have to eat a big bowl and confidence, invest in a lot of prayer and faith, and know that God will take me where he wants me to be.

so butterflies in my stomach, feel free to go away now.

"Courage is the power to let go of the familiar."
- Raymond Lindquist

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts