Monday, August 31, 2009

the limbo of being 20


I am 20 years young, and I am stuck in Limbo

I am no longer a teenager, and I consider myself an adult, even though the kid in me is alive and always playing, I have taken on many adult roles

But I'm not quite adult enough yet, to experience certain bars and clubs, thus excluding me from many experiences. Even though I don't drink, being 21 would open a new social experience for me.

But20 is limbo, like 17. I feel like I'm over 18, i'm not a kid, so I am too old for some things, but yet too young for others.

So i well embrace my stage of limbo. This is my year to work extra hard, to establish myself and define where i want to go, where I want to be, and who I want to be.
I am taking the steps to get to the doors of opportunity, so that way when I reach them, when I turn 21, I won't have to knock,I can just walk right in.


insecure thought, confident reminder. Within my dance community, I work with alot of people that are at least 3 to 4 years older then me. And they are so established and have so much goin on. I get a little insecure because I'm not where they are at. But I keep reminding myself that everything happens in it's own time. And my time will be soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts